IELTS test takers from Australia and Singapore (thank you, R and S!) shared the Writing and Speaking questions from a recent exam.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Your children are learning a foreign language at school, but they need some extra help. One of your friends suggested to contact a language tutor. Write to him/her and say
– Why are you writing to him/her?
– What do your children need help with?
– Ask the tutor about his/her experience and suggestions.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays there are many traffic jams that cause long delays on the roads. Why is this happening? Suggest a solution to the problem.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you like the place where you live?
– Is that a good location to keep in touch with your friends?
– Do you remember a useful advice somebody gave you?
– Was it a family member or a friend?
– Who do you think is better at giving a person advice? Why?
– What personality does somebody need to help or give a good advice?
Talk about a friend that you had. Describe him/her and say
– How did you meet?
– What did you do together?
– What do you think about this friendship now?
– What do you think about the traffic in your city?
– Do you think exercising is healthy?