Our friend C took the IELTS test in Auckland, New Zealand, and remembered the Writing and Speaking questions as follows:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given four pie charts in total showing two different services provided by a university and a comparison between the number of full-time and part-time students using both services.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
The old tradition of a family having a meal together is disappearing. Why do you think is this happening? How does it affect individuals and the community?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Where do you live now?
– Can you describe your neighbourhood?
– Do you like the place where you live?
– Why or why not?
Describe a situation from your life where you had to be polite to someone. Please say
– When and where did it happen?
– How did you manage to be polite?
– How did you feel about it later?
– Do you think it is important to be polite all the time and to everyone?
– Do you think people are being polite these days only for personal gain?
– Do you think the elderly should teach young people to be polite? Why?
– Is it important to be polite to strangers, in your opinion? Why?
– Would you still be polite to a person who is not polite to you?