Our friends K and A who took IELTS exams in Armenia and Spain reported very similar topics:
Section 1. A phone conversation about house rent.
Section 2. About diving in Great Britain.
Section 3. About a building and it’s cooling and warming systems.
Section 4. About a company that was created by women in Africa.
Passage 1. Fish species found around New Zealand.
Passage 2. Archeological findings in Africa.
Passage 3. About what makes us happy.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a bar chart, a line chart and a pie chart showing the number of students at university in years 1991 to 2001 in the UK, as well as government spending per student and the family budget of students in 2001.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some animal species such as dinosaurs and dodos become extinct because of natural processes. So, it is not necessary to try and prevent this from happening. Do you agree or disagree?
– Can you tell me your full name?
– Do you work or study?
– Would you recommend that job to others?
– What places of entertainment have you visited lately?
– What entertainment facilities are there in your city?
– What other places would you like there to be?
– Do you always take a bag with you when you go out?
– Do you always take the same bag, even to different occasions?
– What is important to you when you choose a bag?
Talk about a book you have read and would like to read again. Please say
– What book is it?
– What is it about?
– What did you learn from it?
– Explain why would you like to read it again?
– Do you think that men and women like to read the same type of books?
– Do you think that reading a book is more challenging than watching a movie based on the book?
– Why do you think some books become internationally popular?
– Do you think it is easy to create a movie based on a book?