Our friend H took a General Training IELTS test in India and below are the Writing and Speaking questions he remembered:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Your brother cannot come on a trip that you planned. Write a letter to your friend inviting him/her to join instead. Please say
– Where and when do you plan to go?
– Why can’t your brother come?
– Give a short description of the trip.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people say that a country should produce food locally, while others believe that it is good to import food. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give your opinion and relevant examples.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do for work?
– Do you like it?
– Do you use public transport to get to work?
– What are the alternative ways to get there?
– Do you like to be in a crowd? Why?
– Do you like to live in a crowded place?
– Why or why not?
Talk about a party that you recently went to. Please say
– Where and when was it?
– Did you enjoy it or not? Why?
– Who was there with you?
– What was the reason for the party?
– Why do people arrange parties?
– What are main occasions for a party?
– What is the difference between the parties now and in the past?
– Why do you think it is so?