Our friend S shared a collection of questions, remembered by 3 people from a recent IELTS exam in Budapest:
– Can I see your ID, please?
– What is your full name?
– Do you work or study?
– What motivated you to take this job?
– Would you like to continue in the same profession in the future?
– What is your favorite colour?
– Why do you like this colour?
– Did you like the same colour when you were younger?
– Do you like flowers?
– What is your favorite flower?
– When was the last time that you gave flowers to somebody?
Cue Card 1
Describe an item you would buy if you received a large amount of money. Pleases say:
– What is it?
– Why would you buy it?
– How would you feel about buying this item?
– Is it easy to get rich nowadays?
– What do you need to get rich: luck or hard work?
Cue Card 2
Describe a sporting event that you enjoyed watching. Please say:
– What was the event?
– Where did you watch it?
– Whom did you watch it with?
– Why did you enjoy watching it?
Cue Card 3
Describe a present you have given to someone recently. Please say:
– What was it?
– Why did you choose it?
– How did the person feel about it?
– How have today’s economy affected the tradition of giving gifts?
– What are the most popular presents that people give nowadays?
– What is the future trend of this tradition?