IELTS Speaking questions from 3 exams in USA, Canada and Turkey were remembered and shared by 3 very kind students. You will see that some questions repeat – I intentionally left them in to show what questions get asked often. Enjoy:
Speaking test 1
– What is your name?
– Where do you come from?
– Describe the apartment/house you live in.
– What is your favorite room in the house? Why?
– Why did you choose that city to live in?
– What are the advantages and disadvantages of life in towns or countryside?
Talk about a traffic jam you got in, you should say
– How and where it happened?
– How long did you stay in it?
– How did it make you feel?
I was asked some general questions regarding problems with traffic jams.
Speaking test 2
– Tell me your name, please.
– Tell me about the place where you live.
– How is the transport there, is it good?
– Do you drive?
– Is your highschool offering driving lessons?
– Let’s talk about advertisements, what kind of advertisements do you have in your country?
– Have you bought something you learned about from any advertisement you’ve seen or heard?
Talk about a party you are going to arrange, you should say:
– What kind of party will it be?
– When and where will it happen?
– What kind of activities will be there?
Speaking test 3
– What is your full name?
– What city do you live in?
– Why did you decide to live in this city?
Tell me about a person whom you think is intelligent, you should say
– Who that person is,
– Where and when you met him,
– Why you think he is intelligent.
– Do you think intelligence is important for people?
– Is it the only thing that is important?
– Do you thing nowadays people need more intelligence than people in the past?
– What is the difference between the intelligence of a computer and that of a human?
– Do you think that computers will outsmart humans in the future?