IELTS Speaking questions from both Academic and General Training exams in Hong Kong were shared by A. (thank you!), here they are:
General Training Speaking Test
– What is your full Name?
– Do you work or study?
– Did you always want to be a software engineer?
– Do you remember your first day at work?
– Why do you think first day is important?
– How did you learn English?
– Do you like to travel? To what types of places?
– What do you like about traveling?
Talk about a famous person outside your country, you should say
– who he / she is,
– why he / she is famous,
– how you came to know about him / her,
– what you know about him / her.
– Can celebrities make any any difference to any cause?
– Why do businesses endorse celebrities?
– What is the advantage of having a celebrity in your country?
Academic Speaking Test
– Tell me your name, please.
– Where do you live?
– Why would you recommend your city as a travel destination to your friend?
Talk about a walk with a friend that you remember, you should say
– when it was,
– with whom it was,
– why you remember it.
– Are we walking less or more these days?
– Will our walking habits grow in the future?
– Why do you think exercise is important?