According to A.N. from the UK, their Academic IELTS was very similar to the General Training exam in UK. The differences were in the Writing and Speaking sections. Here are the questions that appeared in Academic IELTS in the UK:
Writing task 1 (report)
We had a graph that described the number of immigrants to USA, Canada and Australia between 1990 and 2000.
It was quite easy and clear.
Writing Task 2 (essay)
Nowadays a huge amounts of advertisement aimed at children. Some people think that it endangers children and should be banned.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
– What is your name?
– Where are you from?
– Tell me about your accommodation in the UK.
– Is public transport available there?
Talk about a party you would like to hold, you should say:
– Where and when it will be,
– What the occasion is,
– Who you are going to invite,
– Whether you are likely to invite your family and friends.
– Do you like to write letters?
– What was the last e-mail that you have written about and to whom?
– Do you like advertisements on TV or in magazines and why?
– What is a particular ceremony which is held in your country?
– What do you think about Olympic Games?
Thanks a lot to A.N. for sharing these questions.