IELTS exams in Turkey and Saudi Arabia were the same, according to N. and A., who shared the details they remembered. Unfortunately none of them could remember the Reading or the Listening sections, but on the bright side, they did remember the questions in the Writing and Speaking sections. We all thank N. and A. and wish them a great score in their exams, and here are the questions:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have been invited by your colleague to his farewell party. You are not able to attend the party, write a letter to the friend
– explain the situation,
– say why you are not attending,
– say something about the period you have worked together and his/her work.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some parents say that their children are wasting enough time reading entertainment books. Children should spend their time reading serious educational books. What is your opinion? Give relevant examples.
Speaking test (version 1)
– Are you student or working?
– What did you study?
– Do you watch TV? How many hours?
– Do you think TV is educational?
– Celebration in your country – how do people celebrate?
You want to throw a party and invite your relatives. Talk about
– what is the reason for this celebration,
– where it will be held,
– what will you do.
– Do you have parties often? Do you like to give a party?
– Do you like to see your friends at parties?
– Do you invite people to your house for a party?
Speaking test (version 2)
– Where are you from?
– What should I call you?
– Currently where are you living?
– How long have you been living there?
– Which room do you like best? (Why / Why not)?
– What should you do to make your room look its best?
– Do you like outing with friends?
– Do you like going out with 1 or 2 friends or a group of friends? (why /Why Not)?
Talk about a change you would like to make in your life, you should say:
– What kind of change it would be?
– When would you like to make it?
– What is the main reason for this change?
My examiner asked me some questions regarding changes in life, why do people go to foreign countries and more similar questions.