IELTS in Australia was described by R from NSW, who has kindly shared all he remembered about his exam. Here are the questions R. had in the Writing and Speaking sections:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
A friend of yours has decided to come and visit you in one month. Unfortunately, it will not be possible.
Write a letter and
b. Explain why it will not be possible and suggest an alternative.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Many people believe that the members of family are more important than friends in life. Do you agree/ disagree?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do on weekends?
– Is it important to have weekends off? Why / Why not?
Describe about a car or motorbike that you have or would like to have in the future, you should say:
– What car / motorbike is it
– Why you would like to have it
– Will you be able to buy it or not.
We had a conversation about transportation system:
– Is it important to have a good transportation system in a country?
– What benefits does it bring to a country’s economy?
– Does it have effects on social life and community?
– Does it affect the way people work?