A friend from India is reporting about his General Training IELTS exam:
Writing Task 1 (letter)
You are renting an apartment and the neighbors are disturbing you. Write a letter to your landlord explaining what the problem is, what did you do to solve the problem and what action you want the owner to take.
Writing Task 2 (essay)
It’s important for the government to spend more money on promotion of people’s health rather than medical treatment.
Do you agree or disagree? Please give your opinion.
– Tell me something about your workplace.
– Tell me about the city you live in and whether you like / dislike it, why.
– What do you think about bicycles, are they popular in your country, if so why? What are the advantages of a bicycle?
Describe a recent sports event that you participated in or watched in the audience. Describe the event, where it took place, what happened and what was so special that made you remember it.
– Do you think sports is a popular industry/plays a major role in the social life of a country?
– Should schools encourage students to play more sports?
– How can sports create a competitive atmosphere?
– Are there any specific advantages to sports that have fewer individuals (like tennis) compared to larger teams like football? If not, why not?
– Discuss competition in a class room in general: what are all the typical factors that contribute to competitive atmosphere? Is it good or bad? How do they compare?