The following IELTS topics and questions were shared by our friend B from Adelaide, Australia.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You are getting married. Write a letter to an English-speaking friend to invite him/her to the wedding. In your letter
– describe who you are going to marry,
– tell what will happen on the wedding day (the schedule),
– explain why it’s important him/her to be at the wedding.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
People consider living in large cities hard or uncomfortable. Why do you think this is so? What would you suggest to make improve this situation?
– What’s your name?
– Do you work / study?
– Do you have time to relax?
– When and how do you relax?
– How is relaxing different for men and women?
– What food did you like when you were a child?
– Do you still like it?
– What food do you recommend to your children?
– How do you feel about going with children to restaurants sometimes?
Describe a job that you applied for recently, please say
– What type of job was it?
– How did you find out about it?
– Would you take the job, if you were accepted?
– Explain why you were interested in that job.
– How have work conditions changed recently and why?
– Do you think that certain jobs should be well-paid and why?
– What other things should be given to employees in addition to their salaries and why?
– What do you think about working long hours?
– What’s the difference between work and leisure activities?