S shared the Speaking questions from a recent IELTS exam in Iran – below:
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What is your profession?
– Why did you choose it?
– What do you do for work?
– Do you like it?
– Would you like to do something else in the future?
– Why is that?
Describe a TV program that you watch regularly. Please say
– Describe the program.
– When and where do you watch it?
– Why do you watch it?
– Do you watch it by yourself? Why?
– Do people nowadays watch more or less TV than before?
– Why do you think it is?
– What kind of TV programs are popular in your country?
– What kind of games do children play these days?
– Are computer games good or bad for children? Why?
– What kind of games do you think are beneficial for them?
– How can parents help them in this regard?
Our friend A took the IELTS test in Hong Kong and remembered the following topics and questions:
Section 1. About a visit to an old town, with a description of main buildings, furniture and so on.
Section 2. A description of remote parts of Australia.
Section 3. About an AUV – autonomous underwater vehicle.
Section 4. About space stations.
Passage 1. About a theme park.
Questions: multiple choice, True/False/Not Given, map labelling.
Passage 2. Description of work environment and procedures at some company.
Questions: filling in blanks.
Passage 3. Don’t remember.
Passage 4. About some common habit of birds that live around the city area.
Questions: filling in blanks, True/False/Not Given.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have recently bought some furniture. It was broken when you received it. Write a complaint letter to the store manager and say
– What and when did you buy?
– Why was it broken?
– Suggest how the problem could be solved.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays courses and general study online are getting very popular. However, some people still prefer attending classes in person. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.