IELTS exam in China – March 2009 (General Training)
This update is about IELTS exam in China, our friend Z is telling us what topics and questions they had in a General Training module.
Part 2 had a map of the interior of a house. Easy, but I have poor sense of direction, and couldn’t follow exactly.
The last part was about the car development in Australia from 1940s to 1990s, blanks filling.
The whole set was quite easy, if only I didn’t feel so nervous in the first part (thus missing four questions).
The last reading article was about the development process of a plane, the questions were matching the statements with the paragraphs and 4 multiple choices.
Writing task 1 (letter)
It is reported that a group of people was engaged in some unpaid work to help elderly people (not sure in what country). Write a letter to tell:
1. Who you are.
2. Why do you think they are doing an important job
3. Ask what type of unpaid work can you apply to do
Writing task 2 (essay)
The cost of air flights has reduced sharply nowadays. Do you think it is a positive or a negative development, give your reasons.
– Do you work or are you a student?.
– Do you like cooking?
– Who cooks in your home?
– Do you like traveling?
– What is your favorite place and why?
Decribe a piece of music you heard in childhood. You should say:
– What music was it
– When did you hear it
– How did you feel
– Where can you hear music?
– Is it good to have music played in public places or better to keep them silent?
– Do you think there is a purpose to playing music?
The whole process lasted only about 10 minutes.