IELTS in France and the UK – October 2009 (Academic Module)
IELTS exams in France and the UK were the same, according to A. and J. who kindly shared the contents of their exams (many thanks!). It’s always great to have several people describe the same exam, because topics that one person can’t remember the others complete. I combined their descriptions and here is the outcome:
The listening test recording was identical to the one from IELTS in Dubai.
Passage 1: About research conducted on the positive effects of Mozart’s music.
Passage 2: Work related stress and how to reduce it.
Passage 3: It was to do with languages and how babies can detect different accents, etc.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We had a line graph and a bar chart. Line graph showed the number of new UK graduates in London from 1992 to 2002. The bar chart highlighted where they were employed in 1992, 1997 and 2002.
Some people think that criminals must be punished for their crimes. There are few other hypotheses that even after being punished for the crimes they still commit crimes in a more vigorous manner. What steps should be taken to stop these crime rates? What do you suggest?
– What is your full name?
– Where are you staying?
– Will you stay in this place for a long time?
– Why do you prefer to stay in this place? Any specific reason?
– Do you like vegetables or fruit?
– Is it necessary that we eat vegetables?
– Did you like vegetables when you were a child?
– Do you like to watch movies at home or in a movie theater?
Talk about a movie you watched recently, you should say:
– Where did you watch the movie?
– What was your reason for watching this movie?
– How was the movie useful to you?
– What kind of movie was it?
– Do you like paintings?
– Do you think that children should be taught how to draw?
– Would you buy a painting?
– How the movies that you watch today are different, compared to the movies you watched when you were a child?
– Did you watch any children’s movies such as Harry Potter?
– Who is your favorite actor?
– Are educational movies important?