This update was brought by A who took the IELTS exam in UAE recently. Thanks, A!
There was and application form for computer center.
One of the passages was about an archeology site and the ancient people habits.
Writing Task 1 (letter)
Write an informal letter to your friend regarding his son coming to your country. He want your advice for the better city and work opportunities.
Writing task 2 (Essay) Speaking test
The topic was about the TV and whether or not we should consider it a useful media or a waste of time.
The questions were about
– Describing my current flat
– What is the best TV program that I discuss with my family
– The role of an TV as educational media.
This update was brought to me by F. from India, who took Academic IELTS exam some days ago. Thank you for sharing!
Writing task 1 (report)
There were two bar charts in Task 1 and I think the question was some thing like this:
“The charts show the number of young teenagers who smoke regularly in a European country.”
One charts contained the percentages of 13,14 and 15 years old females smokers in years 1995,2000 and 2005 while the other charts contained same data for males.
Writing task 2 (essay)
The essay topic was about the financial help that rich countries offer for solving the problem of poverty in less developed countries. First sentence said that this type of help is often considered by rich countries and second sentence was suggesting that it is not a good solution for this problem and rich counties should find other ways to help the poor nations instead of financial aids. To what extent do you agree with this idea?
Speaking test Interview
– What is your full name?
– Where are you from?
– Tell me about the apartment that you live in.
– Do you have plan to stay or you want to leave?
– What you can see from the window of your apartment?
– What kind of food do you like? ( I said Italian )
– Can you easily find the ingredients for making Italian food in market?
– Where do you eat your favorite food?
– Were you helping your parents in cooking when you were a child?
– What did you cook?
– What kind of music do you listen to?
– Name one of you favorite bands.
Describe a book that you have recently read. You should say:
– What it was about
– What did you like about it
– What did you dislike about it
The examiner asked me several question about these subjects:
– Whether I recommend that book to anyone or not.
– Children and books.
– Differences in type of reading between children and adult.
– Impact of modern life on reading.
– Book or movies. Which one in better and why.
– People who can’t read and write and their problems in society.