Thanks to M who sat for General Training IELTS recently in Dhaka, Bangladesh we know this much about the topics and the questions:
Task 1 (letter)
You have seen an advertisement in the local newspaper about helping to improve the environment. Write a letter to the editor and explain
– Why you are interested in it
– How you can help
– When you are available
Task 2 (essay)
Some people believe that the whole family (grand parents, aunts, uncles) should be involved in upbringing children. What is your opinion?
Describe the best cook that you know, you should say
– Who that person is
– Why you think he/she is the best cook
– How has he/she learned it
R from India was very kind and told me what he remembers about the Academic IELTS there:
Task 1 (Report)
Describe a table that has figures of different transportation means for past years and predicted figures for the future year.
Task 2 (Essay)
Some people help their community directly while others help through national and international organizations. Discuss both ways and give your opinion.
Describe an occasion when you had visitors in your home/office. You should say
– What kind of occasion was it?
– Who were the visitors?
– What were they doing during the visit?
Other candidates were asked about a school, an animal, a lake, and a magazine. Discussion
– Do you like to stay at your friends’ homes or in a hotel when you visit in another city?
– What facilities a hotel should provide to its guests?
– What is better, staying in a hotel or with friends?
– How should a hotel recruit its staff?
– How should hotel employees treat customers?