This update is from sunny Melbourne where H. took his General IELTS exam. Thanks, pal!
Writing task 1 (letter)
As an overseas employee, write a resignation letter to your employer due to an emergency at home. Points to be covered: the reason for leaving, date of departure, and things that you loved about your job.
Writing task 2 (essay)
Comment on freedom on choice of clothing in schools. Should uniforms be a part of school standards or not?
The questions were:
– Describe your locality
– What is the role of municipal corporation in looking after the city?
– Discuss the difference between a city and a country living.
– Do you think that people should scatter throughout the state or live only in the central area?
Let’s all thank M.A. for this update from Indonesia where he took his Academic IELTS test.
Listening section was clear enough to be done, but as we know the questions were gradually becoming more difficult from section 1 to section 4.
For me Reading was the most difficult section I guess. We had limited time, and the topics were unfamiliar to me, the passages were about agriculture science, brain map, and economics.
Writing task 1 (report) Writing task 2 (essay)
We were given charts that compared number of smokers among male and female teenagers in US.
The topic was about what is a good way of assisting poor countries in solving poverty, other than financial aids from rich countries.
The questions were about
– My personal life like sports, hometown, house, etc.
– A course that I would take if I had time. The examiner also asked about our opinion of our ideas.