An IELTS test-taker from Qatar (thanks, R!) remembered the following details after a recent exam:
Section 1. A person was making a booking for a bed in a showroom.
Section 2. About educational training.
Section 3. About research skills and how to develop them.
Section 4. About crocodiles and how they migrate.
Passage 1. About the development of radio using bakelite.
Passage 2. About agroforestry, a land use management system.
Passage 3. The evolution of a person.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a bar chart showing different sports’ participation numbers by boys and girls. The sports were swimming, football, netball, and basketball.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays people from different countries watch and enjoy the same films, advertisements, music, and fashion. Do you agree or disagree? What are advantages and disadvantages of this development?
When S recently took the IELTS Speaking test in India, he was asked the following questions:
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you like it?
– How hard is your major?
– How do you usually spend your weekends?
– Why did you choose this activity?
– How often do you talk with your friends?
– Do you like spending time with friends?
– What do you usually do together?
– Do you think you’ll make a lot of friends in the future?
– What kinds of things do you have to bring when you go out?
– Do you carry different things in the morning and evening?
– How do you remind yourself not to forget anything?
– Did you ever forget to bring something?
Talk about a well paid job that you would like to have in the future. Please say
– What is it?
– Why do you want to do it?
– How will you achieve it?
– Do you think you will be able to get this job?
– What occupations should be paid better? Why?
– Is high salary important when looking for a job?
– What other aspects of a job are important apart from the salary?
– What do you think is important for job satisfaction?
– What should workers do if they are not provided incentives?
– What is important for motivation?
– Does company get any benefits by providing motivation to its workers?