Thanks to a friend who took his IELTS test in Vietnam we can share the following Speaking questions:
– What is your full name?
– Where are you living now?
– What do you think about the transportation in your city?
– How often do you see advertisements?
– How do you feel about them?
– Have you ever wanted to buy anything from the ads on TV?
Talk about a leader that you admire (in a field such as politics, business, etc). Please say
– Who the leader is?
– What does he/she do?
– How did you learn about him/her?
– What are the reasons you like him/her?
– What quality do you think a good leader should have?
– How can children show leadership at school?
– If you were a leader, what would you choose to improve?
– Some more questions that I don’t remember.
Our friend M took the IELTS test in Kuwait and remembered the following topics and questions:
Section 1. Bike reservation form.
Questions: short-answer questions (no more than 1 word).
Section 2. Description of a place on the map.
Section 3. Two individuals were talking about chocolate and cocoa beans in Australia.
Questions: filling in blanks, True/False/Not Given.
Section 4. About immigration to Japan, growth of population and increase in animal species.
Passage 1. About a childcare facility.
Passage 2. About sport and health clubs.
Questions: match headings to paragraphs.
Passage 3. The history of radio since the 18th century. How radio waves are used and its commercial use nowadays.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have recently been employed to work in a foreign country, but you are yet to start. One of your relatives is also interested to go with you and work for the same company. Write a letter to your manager and say
– Tell him/her about yourself and your job.
– Introduce your relative and say what kind of job he/she is interested in.
– Why do you recommend him/her for this job?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that the best way to spend a holiday in a foreign country is to go out to meet people, instead of staying in the hotel most of the time. What is your opinion? Give reasons and include relevant examples from your own experience.