Thanks to A who took the IELTS test in Canada we are sharing the following details about a recent exam:
Section 1. Booking private dining rooms in a hotel for a celebration.
Section 2. About fun run marathon.
Questions: map labeling.
Section 3. A conversation between a student and an instructor about a project.
Questions: multiple choice.
Section 4. About music as part of education. The effects and role of music in children’s and adults’ development as well as that of people with disabilities such as the deaf and blind.
Passage 1. About Geckos.
Passage 2. About public libraries in the USA.
Passage 3. About children’s learning patterns.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a bar graph showing the percentage of children in childcare in 5 European countries in 2008.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
The main purpose of public libraries should be to provide books. Public libraries should not spend their limited resources on computer software, videos or DVDs. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Thanks to L who took the IELTS test in India we are sharing these Speaking questions:
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What type of work do you do?
– Do you think your work is important?
– Do you like your job?
– Do you think your work will be more important in the future?
– Do you like weekends?
– How do you like to spend your weekends?
– Do you like to plan what to do on a weekend?
– How did you spend the last weekend?
– What type of clothes do you like to wear?
– Do you like to wear different types of clothes on weekends and during the week?
– Why is it so?
– Do you have different types of clothes in the same colour? Why?
– Can the Internet help in studies? How?
– Do you think the Internet is better than books? Why?
– Why do you think some people prefer books to the Internet?
– Will the Internet replace books eventually?
Describe something that you have learned recently from the Internet. Please say
– What was it?
– How did you find out about this website?
– Would you recommend this website to your friends?
– What is the most interesting thing about dating websites? Why?
– Nowadays the Internet becomes more important socially, so do you think it’s affecting personal relationships?
– Today there are many social networks, do you think they are good to form new friendships?
– What do you think about long-distance friendship?