Two test takers from Nigeria (thanks, S and D!) remembered the writing and speaking questions from a recent exam:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a diagram and a graph showing some details about employees and self-employed, men and women in the UK in 2011. The diagram described their working hours and attitude to work. We were asked to explain and summarise all the data.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
At present the media affects people’s lives significantly. What impact does this have on the society? Is it a negative or a positive development?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you watch TV?
– When do you usually do it?
– Do you like watching advertisements? Why?
Cue Card 1
Describe a situation when you felt that what you do is a waste of time. Please say
– What and when was it?
– Why did feel this way?
– What did you do to change this?
– Should parents encourage their children to manage time properly?
– When is the best time to start doing it?
Cue Card 2
Describe an event from your childhood. Please say
– What event was it?
– What do you remember about the event?
– Why do you think this event was memorable?
– Do you have a lot of family events?
– What differentiates childhood from adulthood, in your opinion?