Two IELTS test takers from Vietnam and Singapore (who had the same exam) remembered the following questions:
Section 1. A conversation between two friends about job vacancies. One of them has also commented on each company.
Section 2. A student was talking to a tutor about his work on the history of football.
Section 3. Don’t remember.
Section 4. The result of a survey about children’s nutrition in 3 areas.
Passage 1. Tattoo as a cultural characteristic of people of Polynesian islands.
Passage 2. How different (Eastern and Western) mentality affects people’s approach in life.
Passage 3. About apes and animal rights.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a bar chart illustrating the population in the US, China, India and Japan as a percentage of the world’s total in 1990, 2009 and a projection for 2050.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Many people think that too much attention and resources are given to protection of wild animals and birds. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Where do you live now?
– Describe the amenities around your place.
– Let’s talk about fashion.
– Do you like fashionable things?
– Do you dress differently on weekends and weekdays?
– What is your favourite colour? Why?
– Do you think it will change as you grow older?
– Let’s talk about body language.
– Do Asian people use body language?
– Can we communicate without words?
– Is there a particular form of body language that you find offensive?
– Do impatient people get their way?
– Is it possible to be too nice?
Describe a situation when you had to be nice to someone you dislike. Please say
– Who is this person?
– Why don’t you like him/her?
– Why did you still have to be nice to him/her?