The topics and questions below were shared by V who took the IELTS test in Indonesia:
Section 1. A man was looking for a part-time summer job. We had to fill in the form information about his previous work experience, relevant skills, where he found this job advertisement and so on.
Section 2. Two students had a discussion with their professor about the upcoming courses they are going to take.
Section 3. Don’t remember.
Section 4. A monologue about four different approaches to tackle unauthorized employee absence problem.
Passage 1. The history of graphite and pencils.
Passage 2. Scientists’ prediction that the Earth is heading for the new “Little Ice Age”.
Passage 3. A story about a famous New Zealand author Margaret Mahy and some of her most popular books.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a graph comparing sales of different types of books over a period of time.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that they can make as much noise as they want, while others think that the amount of noise people make should be strictly controlled. Discuss both views and include your own opinion and examples.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you enjoy your work?
– Why did you choose this career?
– How was your first day at work?
Talk about a foreign language (other than English) that you would like to learn in the future. Please say
– What language is it?
– Why do you want to learn it?
– What will you do to learn it?
– What are the positive and negative impacts of learning a foreign language?
– What language do you think will become a new international language in the future?
– Why do you think so?
– Do you think your first language is influenced by any other languages?
– Does English influence your first language too?