An IELTS test taker A from Japan remembered the following Writing and Speaking questions:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You had an incident during your stay in a hotel. One of the staff members was very helpful. Write a letter to the hotel management about it and say
– What was the incident?
– How did the staff member help you?
– Suggest how the management should show appreciation to him/her.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people say that the Olympic games don’t have a role to play in the 21st century. Do you agree or disagree? Give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do for a job?
– Did you always want to do it?
– How did you feel on the first day at work?
– Let’s talk about your weekly schedule.
– Do you do the same things every day?
– What is your favourite day of the week? Why?
– What is the busiest day of the week for you?
– If you could change something in your daily schedule would you do it? Why?
– What changes would you do exactly?
Talk about a friend that you had during your school days. Please say
– Who was he/she?
– How did you become friends?
– What did you two talk about?
– Why was he/she interesting to you?
– When did you last see your friend?
– Let’s talk about friends and friendship.
– What is the importance of friends?
– Would you like to have a few very good friends or a lot of just friends?
– If you had a problem, would you go to your friends or family? Why?
– Can you give me an example of such situation?
– Do you think it is always better to talk to your friends about such a problem?