The following IELTS exam was shared by I from Melbourne, Australia (thank you!). Unfortunately the student didn’t remember the Listening or the Reading topics, but the Writing and Speaking are below:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write to your teacher and ask to give you a reference for a new job. Please say
– Why do you need the reference letter?
– Describe the position that you are applying for.
– Why are you the right person for this position?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Television has the biggest impact on our life because it is the most popular way of getting information. Do you agree or disagree?
– Do you study or work?
– Where are you working?
– Is it difficult to find a job in your field?
– How important is the internet nowadays?
– When did you first use the internet?
Describe the place where you would like to live. Please say
– Where would it be?
– What will it look like?
– Whom with would you like to live there?
– Where do you prefer to live: in the city or countryside?
– What is the difference between types of housing in the city and in the country?
– What are the benefits of living in urban areas?
– What is your favorite profession?
– Do you have someone in your family who works in the same profession?
– Would you like your children to choose the same profession?