Below is the Speaking part of the IELTS exam in the UK we shared yesterday – enjoy.
– Did you grow up in a village or a city?
– What leisure activities did you have in your village?
– Do you think your village is a good place to live?
– What are the advantages for young people in your village?
– Have you ever learned to dance?
– Do you enjoy dancing?
– Do you enjoy watching other people dance?
– On what occasions do people in your country dance?
Tell me about an old person you know. Please say
– Who is he/she?
– How do you know him/her?
– Why do you like him/her?
– Explain why this person is important to you.
– Why do some employers believe that employing an older person is an advantage?
– What can an older person offer to a company?
– Why do a lot of older people want to keep working?
– Are there many old people in your village?
– How does it affect the community when there are more old people than young people?
– What could a city do to attract more young people?
The IELTS exam below was shared by our kind friend M from the UK. Here is what she remembered:
Section 1. A woman was applying for a position as a carer (a phone conversation with a possible employer).
Section 2. A speech in a museum about the “Blue Moon” steam boat.
Section 3. A conversation of two students about a survey project.
Section 4. A report about “Vertical Farming”.
Passage 1. Don’t remember.
Questions: Match certain statements with advertisements.
Passage 2. Description of a project.
Questions: filling in blanks, short-answer questions (no more than 3 words).
Passage 3. An article about sheep and their ability to recognize and remember faces.
Questions: True/False/Not Given, match paragraphs to the following information.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have been experiencing problems with the local public transport. Write a letter to the manager of the public transportation services and say:
– How have you used the local public transport?
– What problems have you experienced?
– Suggest how they can improve the service.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that children should learn science in school, others think that it is not necessary to include science in general education. Do you agree or disagree with the statement? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.