The IELTS exam below was shared by our kind friend P, who managed to remember quite a bit. Enjoy!
Section 1. Job interview.
Questions: about the address, zip code, past jobs, whether accommodation and new school were needed.
Section 2. New bookstore employee’s orientation.
Questions: map labeling – a map of the store was given for us to figure out locations of things, and choose the correct letter.
Section 3. Two students were writing a research project about birds.
Questions: listen for the 3 requirements given by their professor; what type of food they should use (nuts), how big the project should be, how many feeders there would be and where they will be situated (on trees); when the observation should take place, how long it would last (5 min), what information should be provided to the observers.
Section 4. A lecture about the way drama classes can affect children.
Passages 1 and 2. Don’t remember.
Passage 3. Description of different amusement parks.
Questions: fill in the correct letters corresponding to each park.
Passage 4. Article about the Loch Ness monster.
Questions: when was it last seen, what it looks like, about people that were involved in the mystery and named the monster.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You are preparing an event (picnic) in the countryside. Write a letter to a friend and ask to help you with the arrangements. Please say:
– What is the reason for the event?
– What arrangements have you already made?
– How can he/she help to organize the event?
– What activities have you decided on?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
The number of older people is increasing. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this?
– What is your name?
– What do you do: work or study?
– What do you do exactly at your job?
– Would you like to do this job in the future?
– What foods are popular in your country?
– Do people eat together in your country?
– Do you like taking photographs?
– Is photography a big issue in your country?
– What kind of photographs do you like?
– Do you prefer to buy postcards as souvenirs or to take your own photographs?
Talk about something that you are learning. Please say
– What is it?
– How do you learn this?
– Is this knowledge useful nowadays?
– What do you think about learning process for children?
– Do you think the learning process is changing?
– What is better, learning alone or with a teacher? Discuss advantages and disadvantages of both methods.