Below are the speaking questions that our friend J remembered from her IELTS exam in Poland.
– Could you please tell me your name?
– How shall I call you?
– Where are you from?
– Do you study or work?
– What do you study?
– What do you like the most about the subject you study?
– Do you like reading?
– What type of books do you read?
– Do you think children should read?
– Let’s talk about cell phones. Do you have one?
– Do you remember when you first got a cell phone?
– What is it you like the most about your cell phone?
– Do you think using a cell phone has disadvantages?
Tell me about a friend whom you helped, please say
– Who he/she was,
– What kind of help you’ve offered,
– Why you’ve decided to help to this person,
– Whether you think it is important to help other people.
– Do you think that parents should teach their children to help other people?
– What kind of character should have a person, whose profession is related to helping people (nurses, teachers) and why?
– How do people who work in helping others choose their job?
– What kind of character should have a person caring for older people?
– Do you think jobs like nurses and teachers should receive higher salaries and why?
The following IELTS topics and questions were shared by our friend B from Adelaide, Australia.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You are getting married. Write a letter to an English-speaking friend to invite him/her to the wedding. In your letter
– describe who you are going to marry,
– tell what will happen on the wedding day (the schedule),
– explain why it’s important him/her to be at the wedding.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
People consider living in large cities hard or uncomfortable. Why do you think this is so? What would you suggest to make improve this situation?
– What’s your name?
– Do you work / study?
– Do you have time to relax?
– When and how do you relax?
– How is relaxing different for men and women?
– What food did you like when you were a child?
– Do you still like it?
– What food do you recommend to your children?
– How do you feel about going with children to restaurants sometimes?
Describe a job that you applied for recently, please say
– What type of job was it?
– How did you find out about it?
– Would you take the job, if you were accepted?
– Explain why you were interested in that job.
– How have work conditions changed recently and why?
– Do you think that certain jobs should be well-paid and why?
– What other things should be given to employees in addition to their salaries and why?
– What do you think about working long hours?
– What’s the difference between work and leisure activities?