This update came from B, who used IELTS-Blog to prepare for her exam. Here is what B said:
“Thank you very much for your great web-page, the book and invaluable advice! My English is quite good, so my only preparation was reading them all to get a better understanding what IELTS exam really is, and what am I supposed to do there”.
Section 1. A woman was applying for an Arts course.
Section 2. About a summer camp.
Questions: in this section a map was included and we were given instructions to find where different buildings in the campus were located.
Section 3. About a new study program offered to the students – courses on business and textile.
Passage 1. About coral reef fishes.
Passage 2. About groups of different world languages, the history of how their spread, etc.
Passage 3. About life on Mars.
Writing Task 1 (a report)
We were given a table which described various types of transport ( car, bus, walking etc.) used for traveling in 1977 and 2007 and the average distance they covered a year. The task was to compare the usage of different types.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Many people think that giving aid to the poorer countries has more negative aspects than positive ones. To what extent do you agree/ disagree?
– What is your full name?
– Where do you come from?
– Do you work or study?
– Were your parents happy about your choice?
– What do you think, will it be difficult to find a job in your field?
– What kind of clothes do you usually buy?
– Where do you buy your clothes?
– Which music style is the most popular in your country?
– Why is it popular?
– What people are listening to it?
– Where are they listening to it?
– Can some music be called noise pollution?
– Why our musical taste is changing when we get older?
– What is your favorite style of music?
– Why do older people have different taste in music?
– Does music influence our decisions while we are shopping? If yes, in what way?
– Does an aggressive music influence people who are listening to it? If yes, in what way?