Here are some of the topics that appeared in a recent IELTS exam in Australia (thanks to M):
Writing task 1 (report)
There were three pie charts about holidaymakers, describing how people spend their holidays in different destinations and in different accommodations, like caravans, staying with their friends and relatives, or in hotels. All the information was in percentages.
Writing task 2 (essay)
Some people believe that computers and the Internet are a good education to children. Some believe that school and teachers are a good education.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Describe your favorite photograph, you should say:
– Where was the photo taken?
– Who took the photo?
– What can be seen from the photo?
– Explain why it is your favorite photograph.
– What skills are required to take a good photo?
– When do people use camera?
– How can the new technology promote the development of cinematography?
Our friend K from Denmark reports about her recent IELTS exam there – many thanks, K! Can you believe how similar it is to the report from Germany?
Passage 1: A text about a cleaning product called “Shower flower” from a company called Ozdeal or something similar.
Passage 2: A text about linguistic issues and development of languages.
Passage 3: A text about time and place theory and taking photographs.
Writing task 1 (report)
We had two bar charts comparing population, birth and death rate in England and Wales from 1700 – 2000.
– What is you name?
– Where do you live?
– House or flat?
– Describe house.
– What are galleries and museums for?
– Did you visit them as a child?
– Do you think school children should be taken there?
– Do you like gardening?
– Can you imagine why people like it?
– Have you grown your own plants?
– What do people in your country grow – fruits or vegetables?
It was about performing arts.
– Describe a performance when and where you have seen it
– What sort of performance was it?
– What was special about it?
-Would you like to see it again (the performance from the cue card above)?
– What is the purpose of performing arts?
– Should drama and dance only be taught in special schools?
– Where is the difference between girls and boys concerning dance
– What is the importance of arts in different cultures?
– Are tribal cultures in danger in a globalized world?