What is RSS feed
All you need to know about RSS (Really Simple Syndication) is that it’s a feature of a website that allows you to read articles from that website without having to visit it every time.
Why subscribe to RSS
Because it saves you lots of time – instead of checking your 20 favorite websites for news you can subscribe to their RSS feed and read all of the news in one web-based news reader.
How to subscribe
Subscribing is as simple as 1 – 2 – 3
1. Click on the link next to orange RSS button at the top of IELTS-Blog.com right sidebar
2. You will be taken to this page:
3. Choose your favorite news reader by clicking on one of those buttons
if there is no button for it – choose from the list by clicking on
That’s it – you’re done! From now on your news reader will automatically pick up every new post or article in IELTS-Blog.
Thanks to our friends from Vietnam, I can share with you this update from a recent Academic IELTS test. Read more recent IELTS exam updates here. Writing test
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given two line graphs, which showed percentages of employment amongst men and women in England from 1993 to 2000.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
In order to learn a new language well one should get to know the culture and the lifestyle of the country where it is spoken. To what extent do you agree with this idea?
– Can you please show me your ID?
– Do you work or are you a student?
– Where are you studying?
– Do you like it? In what way?
– Have you got many friends? How about close friends?
– What do you do to show you’re a good friend?
Talk about your favorite story as a child.
– How did the above story affect you?
– What are the differences between a person in a story/film and in real life?
– What are the characters of actors/actresses in movies that people in your country like?
– What could people learn after watching a film / reading a book?