Two IELTS test takers from Saudi Arabia and Pakistan (thank you, M and S!) remembered the following details from their exams:
Section 1. Someone was asking for the details about Joy Land park entry.
Questions: filling in blanks, map labelling.
Section 2. Two students were discussing their assignment with their tutor.
Questions: multiple choice, match headings to paragraphs.
Section 3. Don’t remember.
Section 4. A monologue describing methods and usage of pesticides.
Questions: Summary completion.
Passage 1. About Palladian architecture. A style of architecture derived from and inspired by the designs of the Venetian architect Andrea Palladio.
Passage 2. About sense of smell and its relationship with human brain. How a particular smell can bring up certain memories from the past.
Passage 3. About robots designed by different scientists. Description of robots, comparison and their similarities in shape and design with working insects.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a chart showing the amount of tea and coffee in tonnes imported by four different countries in 2007.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people feel that there is too much emphasis on getting an education, and that governments should spend money on leisure time activities for young people too. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- What is your full name?
- Can I see your ID?
- Where are you from?
- Do you work or study?
- Do you live in a house or an apartment?
- What do you like the most about your home?
- Describe a home that you would like to have in the future.
- Do you eat fruits and vegetables?
- What are the benefits of fruits and vegetables?
- What sports are popular in your country?
- Did you watch any sport or game recently?
- What sport was it?
- What sport would you like to try? Why?
Describe a situation when a child made you laugh. Please say
- Who is the child?
- What happened and where?
- Why did he/she make you laugh?
- Lets talk about children and parenthood.
- Do you think new parents should get training courses in dealing with children?
- What are a good parent’s characteristics in your opinion?
- Do you think children learn better when they are playing? Why?
- Do children always make you laugh? Why?
- Why do children laugh all the time?
- When is the prefect time to get married? Why?