It appears that the recent IELTS exams in the UAE, India and Nigeria were the same (thanks to A, U, M, and C for sharing the topics and questions!).
Section 1. A conversation between a personal trainer and a student about different scheduled programs of physical exercises such as walking, yoga and so on.
Section 2. A lecture given by a university professor about history and evolution of sea horses.
Section 3. Don’t remember.
Section 4. A conversation between two students about their projects and subjects in their forthcoming educational year.
Passage 1. About Yellow Pages and advertisements in it.
Questions: short-answer questions (no more than 1 word).
Passage 2. About 9 various types of advertisements given in a magazine.
Questions: information matching.
Passage 3. Don’t remember.
Passage 4. A text about different work models for 24/7 employment. Day and night shift workers, hazardous workers, permanent and temporary employees. Also about well-being and policies regarding night and day workers in the organization.
Questions: short-answer questions (no more than 3 words), matching headings to paragraphs.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have forgotten an important thing or document in a taxi on your recent trip. Write a letter to the taxi company manager and say
- Give details of your journey.
- Describe the importance of what you left in that taxi.
- What do you expect the taxi company manager to do?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays many parents are sending their kids abroad to acquire good education. Discuss the advantages and the disadvantages of this trend. Give your own opinion.
- What is your full name?
- Can I see your ID?
- Where are you from?
- Which city are you living in now?
- Do you work or study?
- What kind of job do you do?
- Do you enjoy doing your job?
- Which day of the week is the busiest at work?
- Which is the slowest? Why?
- Do you use taxis a lot?
- When did you last travel by taxi?
- Are there traffic concerns in your city?
Talk about the first school you went to. Please say
- Where and when was it?
- What is the most important thing you remember about that place?
- What were the surroundings like in the school?
- How good were the teachers in your school?
- Do you think young children have too much pressure in school today?
- Is it easy to make friends at school?
- Do teachers have a lot of influence on young kids?
- Have you had any negative experience in your school?