An IELTS test taker from Jamaica (thanks, S!) remembered the following questions from the Writing and Speaking sections:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You looked after your friend’s house while he/she was away on holidays. During the period you have damaged something in his/her house. Write to him/her and say
- Explain how it happened.
- What is the estimated cost of repairs?
- What are you going to do about it?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that children should have formal training at school to become good parents. Do you agree or disagree? Give you own opinion.
- What is your full name?
- Can I see your ID?
- Where are you from?
- Do you work or study?
- What subject are you studying?
- Where do you live?
- Do you like this place?
- Is this place suitable for living with children?
- Do you use a map?
- In your country do people usually use a map?
- When you were young did you use one?
Talk about someone who has an interesting job. Please say
- Who is this person?
- What does he/she do?
- Why do you like this person?
- Do you prefer a part time or full time job?
- What do most people do in your country?
- Why do some companies invest in educated employees by offering them high salaries?