The questions below where shared by S who took the IELTS test in Perth, Australia.
– What is your full name?
– What do people usually call you?
– May I see your ID please?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What subject are you studying?
– What job do you do?
– Do you have free time at all?
– What do you do during your free time?
– How do you relax?
– Do you think people have enough time to relax nowadays?
Describe a perfect vacation away from home. Please say
– What has to be taken into account to make the vacation perfect?
– Where would you go?
– Why would you like to travel there?
– Have you planed a vacation for yourself already?
– Does your country have more modern or old buildings?
– Do people in your country prefer modern or traditional houses? Why?
– Would you like to design a house for yourself?
Our kind friend V shared topics and questions from a recent IELTS exam in Perth, Australia:
Section 1. Filling out a form for a direct mail service.
Section 2. Two people spoke about the assignment and other group members.
Section 3. Don’t remember.
Section 4. About a process of bird monitoring.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Your local newspaper published an advertisement asking people to help with protecting the environment. Write a letter to offer your help to the project manager and say
– Why are you interested?
– What can you help with?
– When can you start?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Public celebrations (national days, festivals) are held in many countries. Some people say that these celebrations are a waste of money and we should spend money on more important things. Do you agree or disagree? Give your reasons and examples according to your knowledge and experience.
– Do you like flowers?
– Should flowers be planted outdoors or indoors?
– Do you give flowers to people?
– What flowers do you like the most?
– Why do people love flowers?
– Was there a particular flower you loved in your childhood?
Describe a happy event in your childhood. Please say
– What was it?
– When was it?
– Why do you still remember it?
– Let’s focus on childhood and parenting nowadays.
– Is it easier to be a parent now than it was in the past?
– Should parents be stricter?
– Why do smells and places remind you of past events?
– Why is childhood important?