The following IELTS test questions were shared by our kind friend R from Caracas, Venezuela.
Section 1. An inquiry about a hostel accommodation, including the cost, meals included, places to see and activities.
Section 2. Radio show related to volunteer work.
Questions: multiple choice (A, B, C or D).
Section 3. A conversation between 2 people putting together a new university brochure for students. They were talking about general information on courses, advantages to study there, types of courses, other activities.
Section 4. A lecture about optical flow and bees!
Writing Task 1 (a letter)
There will be a traditional celebration in your country and you want to invite your friend from an English-speaking country. Write him/her a letter and
- invite your friend,
- explain what happens at the party,
- describe the tradition and why it’s important in your country,
- say why it is important for your friend to be there.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people say that schools do not do enough to teach young people to look after their health. Do you agree or disagree?
- Do you study or work?
- What kind of job do you do?
- Describe a normal day in your life.
- What time of the day do you prefer? Why?
Describe a knowledge quiz show on TV; please say
- Why do you like this kind of show?
- Is it easy to prepare for this show?
- Would you like to participate in it?
Follow up question: Why would you like to participate in this kind of show?
- Let’s talk about competition in your life. Do you think you are a competitive person?
- Is it important to be competitive? Why?
- In business, do companies need to be competitive?
- Should companies promote competition? Why?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of competition?
- IELTS test in the USA – September 2013 (General Training) Our kind friend S shared the questions he remembered from...
- IELTS test in the USA – September 2013 (General Training) The IELTS exam details below were shared by K from...
- IELTS test in the USA and India – September 2013 (General Training) Our friends H and G took their IELTS tests in...
- IELTS test in Canada – September 2013 (General Training) This IELTS update from Canada was shared by S and...
- IELTS test in India – September 2013 (General Training) Our friend N who took the IELTS test in India...