The IELTS exam below was shared by M from the UAE.
Section 1. A person was inquiring on the phone about a hotel’s facilities for a birthday party.
Section 2. Health centre manager was guiding a new receptionist, describing the type of patients and doctors in the health center and the floor plan of the building.
Questions: diagram / map labeling.
Section 3. A student and a tutor were discussing the wind turbines used in Australia, their specifications, advantages and disadvantages.
Section 4. Don’t remember.
Passage 1. Theory and the causes of extinction of apes around the world.
Questions: match quotations to experts’ names.
Passage 2. Development of the mathematical tables and models to solve problems.
Passage 3. How music therapy can heal people. Scientific reasons and expert opinions on curing diseases and illnesses such as burns, autism in children and so on, using music.
Questions: filling in blanks, True/False/Not Given, matching exercises.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We had a table showing four African countries’ oil production over four years. We were asked to summarize the information.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays, young people are admiring media and sports stars even though they don’t set a good example. Do you think this is a positive or a negative development?
- IELTS test in Qatar and the UK – February 2013 (Academic Module) The IELTS test takers D and S shared this recent...
- IELTS test in India and Egypt – December 2012 (Academic Module) This update was shared by IELTS test takers R and...
- IELTS test in the UAE and India – August 2013 (General Training) IELTS test takers from the UAE and India (thanks K...
- IELTS test in Thailand and Australia – June 2013 (Academic Module) Two IELTS test takers from Thailand and Australia shared the...
- IELTS test in the UK – December 2012 (Academic Module) This update was sent by A, an IELTS test taker...