Two IELTS test takers (thank you S and A) shared the topics from their exams in the USA and Canada. Apparently the exams were the same.
Section 1. A discussion about a science exhibition.
Section 2. Description of a hot water system.
Questions: diagram/map labeling
Section 3, 4. Don’t remember.
Passage 1. A diagram that showed a liquid filtration process.
Passage 2,3. Don’t remember.
Passage 4. Research about how men and women take humor. A study was conducted on 20 men and women, making them watch 20 funny cartoons and 10 not funny cartoons. The analysis showed that women take humor more lightly and laugh more.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to your friend that was supposed to visit you soon, but it is not possible now. In your letter
- Apologise to your friend.
- Explain why it’s not possible to meet now.
- Suggest an alternative arrangement.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays it is very popular to be technology/internet literate. Some people say that these skills will replace the use of books as main source of information and entertainment. Do you agree or disagree?
- What is your full name?
- Can I see your ID?
- Where are you from?
- Where do you live?
- Is it an apartment or a house?
- What kind of accommodation do you prefer?
- Would you like to stay in a big house/small house? Why?
- In your country do people use boats?
- What do they use boats for?
- Would you like to own a boat?
- What would you do with a boat?
- Would you shop online or in stores for a boat?
- Have you ever been dissatisfied with your online purchases?
Talk about an interesting website you have come across recently. Please say
- Why have you visited it?
- How was it helpful to you?
- Did you find the information that you were looking for?
- Do you think usage of the internet is different for different age groups?
- Do you think the government should consider educating elderly people to become computer-literate?
- Can we live without the internet?
- IELTS test in Canada – December 2013 (General Training) Our kind friend M shared these topics and questions from...
- IELTS test in Canada – September 2013 (General Training) This IELTS update from Canada was shared by S and...
- IELTS test in Canada – November 2013 (Academic Module) Our friend N remembered the following questions from the IELTS...
- IELTS test in Canada – March 2014 (Academic Module) The questions below were shared by M (thanks a lot!)...
- IELTS test in Canada and the USA – May 2014 (Academic Module) Two IELTS test takers from Canada and the USA shared...