Our friend E has shared the information below about his IELTS exam in the UK. E didn’t recall anything about the Listening or Reading topics, but did a great job remembering the Writing and Speaking:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a bar chart about sports players in one European country between 1985 and 2005. The sports were basketball, rugby, tennis and badminton.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that to have a successful life you have to have university education, while others think it’s not that important. Discuss both views and give your opinion based on personal experience and knowledge.
- Describe your house.
- What do you like about your house?
- Do you read books?
- What kind of books do you read?
- Do you give books as a gift to your friends? Why?
- Were you borrowing books from a library as a child?
- What books did you borrow?
Talk about a letter you have received lately. Please say
- Who sent it to you?
- Why did he/she send it?
- How did you feel when you read it?
- Why was this letter important to you?
- What do you prefer: letters or e-mails? Why?
- Do you think sending a formal letter by e-mail is better than via regular post? Why?
- What do you think about people who write letters to newspapers?
- IELTS test in the UK – January 2013 (Academic Module) Thanks to the IELTS test taker S we can share...
- IELTS test in Armenia and Spain – September 2012 (Academic Module) Our friends K and A who took IELTS exams in...
- IELTS test in Vietnam – November 2012 (Academic Module) These topics and questions were shared by J (thank you!)...
- IELTS test in Australia and Malaysia – July 2012 (Academic Module) The IELTS update below was sent by N and F,...
- IELTS test in Hong Kong – January 2013 (Academic Module) This IELTS exam from Hong Kong was shared by P...