This update was shared by an IELTS test taker (thanks, A!) after a recent exam in Melbourne, Australia.
Section 1. A lady was interviewing a 19 year-old guy about his life and budget (what he does, where he goes on weekends, what sports, public transport and so on).
Section 2. An Australian lady was talking about flowers in Canberra.
Questions: multiple choice about factors influencing the quality of plants, diagram / map labeling where we had to locate the right spot for 6 plants around the house.
Section 3. Students were talking to their tutor about nursing subjects.
Section 4. An American marine scientist was describing types of submarines.
Passage 1. Description of the facilities in different hotels.
Questions: we had to choose the right hotel for different purposes (for example choose a disabled-friendly hotel).
Passage 2. About a repair service for some product.
Questions: True/False/Not Given.
Passage 3. Phonepal box which you can use to call other countries for lower price.
Passage 4. A letter from your manager to help you with your sickness and improve your attendance level.
Passage 5. About an IT company and its products and rating.
Passage 6. About a Malaysian rail station in Kuala Lumpur, its design and history.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Someone in your company is organizing a trip abroad for language learning training. Write a letter to him/her and say why he/she should choose you for this trip, as there is limited number of places available.
- Describe who you are.
- Why do you think this trip is good for you?
- How can it help the company?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays, many people go shopping in their free time. Shopping has replaced many other activities that people choose as their hobby. What are the reasons for this? Is this a positive or negative development?
- IELTS test in Melbourne, Australia – September 2013 (General Training) IELTS test takers from Australia (thank you, J and N!)...
- IELTS test in Sydney, Australia – May 2013 (General Training) The IELTS test taker from Sydney, Australia (thank you P!)...
- IELTS test in Australia – March 2013 (General Training) Our friends A and S shared the information below after...
- IELTS test in India and Bangladesh – May 2013 (General Training) Our friends from India and Bangladesh reported having the same...
- IELTS test in Australia – September 2013 (General Training) An IELTS test taker from Australia (thank you N!) shared...