The IELTS exams in Israel, Romania and India were the same, according to our friends Y, V and D. Here are the questions they collectively remembered:
Section 1. A woman was booking a moving and packing service over the phone.
Questions: filling in blanks, phone number, dates and other details.
Section 2. Bushfires in Australia and instructions how to prevent them.
Questions: filling in blanks, diagram labeling.
Section 3. Don’t remember.
Section 4. The new manager of a company was establishing new rules for employees.
Questions: filling in blanks.
Passage 1. Airport express – comparing information of 3 different types of service.
Questions: short-answer questions, True/False/Not Given.
Passage 2. Essential information for people starting a new business from home.
Questions: matching paragraphs to letters.
Passage 3. The procedure for getting a company car.
Questions: matching paragraphs to headings.
Passage 4. Musical festival at lunchtime. Small article with information about singers.
Questions: matching headings to paragraphs.
Passage 5. Exploration of the lost world using underwater mapping techniques and archeology.
Questions: filling in blanks, choosing writer’s opinion.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Your neighbor has animals in the garden that disturb you and your family. Write a letter to the neighbor and say
– What is disturbing you?
– How is it affecting you and your family?
– Suggest a solution for the current situation.
– What will you do in case both of you don’t reach an agreement?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some say young people should choose the career they want to follow on their own. Others on the contrary say that the choice should be made by teachers and parents. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Give reasons for your statements and include any relevant examples from your experience.
– What is your name?
– What shall I call you?
– Tell me about your town.
Talk about your favorite restaurant. Please say
– Where is it?
– What type of food is served there?
– Why do you like this place?
– Why do people eat out?
– Is it healthy to eat out?
– Is it a status issue to eat out?
– What is your opinion about people with healthy eating habits?
- IELTS test in India – April 2016 (General Training) Our friends R and S took the IELTS test in...
- IELTS test in India – February 2017 (General Training) Thanks to H who took the IELTS test in India...
- IELTS test in Hong Kong – February 2017 (General Training) Our kind friend B took the IELTS test in Hong...
- IELTS test in India – July 2016 (General Training) Our friends I and P remembered the Listening and Reading...
- IELTS test in India – September 2016 (General Training) When P took the IELTS test in India, the following...