IELTS exams in the India, Dubai (UAE) and Saudi Arabia were identical. Our kind friends F, K and G shared the details they remembered:
Section 1. Two students discussing rental room sharing, talk about telephone, location and car parking facilities, and when one of them would be moving in.
Note: one thing F found surprising was that traditionally in questions for Section 1 there is a form to fill, however this time there was a summary with gaps to fill instead of a form.
Section 2. A student has submitted a college report to her supervisor on certain coffee producing company. The supervisor has not given her good grades and they were discussing the points where her deficiencies were found in her report. The supervisor was suggesting improvements and we were asked to list them.
Section 3. A radio report on archeological finds and ancient civilization of people in Japan. How they used a land bridge to move in Japan.
Passage 1. Mountain Bike Ride advertisement. Some details on the tracks and scenery and spot prizes for the winners.
Passage 2. Policy of obtaining a driving license.
Passage 3. Standard Operating Procedures of a High Risk Microbiology Lab. What is important to use in the lab.
Passage 4. The history of calculators, a story about Abacus, other inventions used as calculators, some important scientists and dates.
Questions: Identification of paragraphs and facts association with the individual items.
Writing Task 1 (a letter)
You were looking after your friend’s house while he was out of the country. Accidentally, you broke something in the house. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter
- describe what happened,
- describe the damage,
- explain how you are planning to compensate your friend.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people say that it is beneficial for young people to visit different countries of the world, others oppose. Do you agree or disagree? Provide reasons and support them with your own examples.
- What is your full name ?
- Are you studying or working?
- What does your work involve?
- How much experience is important for a working person to have?
- What kind of weather do you like the most?
- What is the most interesting thing you did last time in your favorite weather?
Talk about a useful thing in your house you use a lot. Please say
- what the thing is,
- what you use it for,
- how it benefits you and
- explain how else it can be used.
- How do you think companies will recruit people in the future?
- IELTS tests in India, Saudi Arabia and Iran – July 2013 (General Training) Thanks to the efforts of IELTS test takers P, J,...
- IELTS test in Jordan and Saudi Arabia – January 2013 (General Training) Thanks to IELTS test takers T and M we can...
- IELTS test in the UAE, India, Qatar – July 2013 (General Training) Three of our students (thank you S, O and S!)...
- IELTS test in Russia and Saudi Arabia – January 2013 (Academic Module) IELTS test takers A and S (thanks guys!) shared the...
- IELTS test in Saudi Arabia – October 2013 (Academic Module) Our kind friend M shared the following questions after taking...