The questions below were shared by our kind friend A who recently took a General Training IELTS exam in Bangladesh.
Passage 1. A number of hotels and their descriptions, each in a separate paragraph.
Questions: matching paragraphs to statements, True/False/Not Given.
Passage 2. Description of a car pool organization from which people can borrow cars when needed.
Questions: filling in blanks, short-answer questions.
Passage 3. About Polynyas, their formation, impact and involvement with climate and sea life.
Questions: matching a paragraph to the statement, finding a paragraph where the question statement is located, filling in blanks, short-answer questions.
Passage 4. Don’t remember.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Recently you have visited a tourist attraction. You enjoyed there, but also had a problem. Write a letter to the manager of the attraction and say:
- What did you like there?
- What problem have you faced?
- What do you suggest to rectify the problem?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
In many countries crime is increasing. What are the main reasons for this? What can be done to improve the situation? Support your position with relevant examples and include your own experience.
- What is your full name, please?
- Do you study or work?
- What do you do for living?
- Who is more involved in household activities in your culture?
- Do you do some of it?
- Do you like it?
- Do people like outdoor activities?
- How much time do they spend on outdoor activities?
- How much time do you spend on outdoor activities?
- What do you do after that?
Describe a friend who could be a good leader. Please say
- What is his/her name?
- How did you meet him/her?
- Do people behave differently when he/she is around?
- Why do you think he/she can be a good leader?
- In your country culture who are the leaders in the family?
- When a decision needs to be made, who has the last word?
- Do you think managers should seek an employee’s view, before making a decision?
- How is it done in your office?
- IELTS test in Dhaka, Bangladesh – July 2012 (General Training) This IELTS update was shared by M, who recently took...
- IELTS test in Mumbai, India – June 2012 (General Training) Our kind friend S from Mumbai has shared this IELTS...
- IELTS test in the USA – May 2012 (General Training) The IELTS exam below was shared by S from the...
- IELTS Speaking test in Dhaka, Bangladesh – June 2012 A test taker from Bangladesh (thanks M!) remembered these speaking...
- IELTS test in Australia – October 2012 (General Training) This update was shared collectively by C and K who...