The information below was shared by Z (thanks!) who recently took the IELTS test in Canada. Z didn’t remember the Listening or the Reading sections, but had a good recollection of the questions in the Writing and Speaking sections:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have borrowed something from your friend for a party, but it was damaged during the party. Write a letter to your friend and say
- What was it?
- How was it damaged?
- What will you do about it?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Many people these days travel far for work or spend more hours working. Does this trend have more advantages or disadvantages? What do you think about work-life balance?
- Do you work or study?
- When did you decide you wanted to work in your profession?
- What do you want to do in the future?
- Did you spend more time with your relatives than your friends as a child?
- How often do you see your relatives now?
- Do you think you’ll see them more or less, in the future?
- Who is the most important relative to you?
- Do you like flowers?
Talk about your childhood friend whom you haven’t seen for a long time and want to meet again. Please say
- Who is that person?
- Where did you meet last time?
- What was he/she doing that time?
- Why do you want to see him/her again?
- IELTS test in Canada – November 2014 (Academic Module) Thanks to V who took the IELTS test in Canada...
- IELTS test in Canada and El Salvador – October 2014 (General Training) Two IELTS test takers from Canada and El Salvador (thanks...
- IELTS test in Canada – December 2013 (General Training) Our kind friend M shared these topics and questions from...
- IELTS test in Australia – November 2014 (General Training) Thanks to the IELTS test taker B from Australia we...
- IELTS test in Canada – September 2014 (General Training) A test taker from Canada (thanks, R!) shared the topics...