Our kind friend L shared the following Writing and Speaking questions from a recent IELTS exam in Australia:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You saw a column in the newspaper about your childhood friend. You would like to contact him/her. Write a letter to the editor of this newspaper asking for details about your friend. Please say
- Why do you want to contact him/her?
- Suggest how the editor can contact you.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays we see children spending lots of time playing games on computers or watching TV, instead of getting more quality time with their parents. What do you think are the reasons for it? What might be the results? Give your opinion and relevant examples.
- What is your full name?
- Can I see your ID?
- Where are you from?
- Do you work or study?
- Do you enjoy your work or not? Why?
- What kind of news interest you more: local or international?
- What source do you use (newspapers, radio, the Internet)?
Describe a piece of art that you know about. Please say
- What is it?
- How do know about it?
- Do you like it? Why?
- Do you think younger generation is still interested in art?
- What kind of art forms are popular these days in your opinion?
- IELTS test in Melbourne, Australia – September 2013 (General Training) IELTS test takers from Australia (thank you, J and N!)...
- IELTS test in Australia – July 2013 (General Training) An IELTS test taker from Australia (thanks C!) shared the...
- IELTS test in Australia and Japan – November 2013 (General Training) Our friends S and H remembered the following questions from...
- IELTS test in Malaysia and Australia – July 2013 (General Training) IELTS test takers from Malaysia and Australia shared their Writing...
- IELTS test in Australia and the USA – June 2013 (General Training) Our kind friends A and R shared the IELTS exam...