Our kind friends A and R shared the IELTS exam that took place in Australia and the USA. They didn’t remember the Listening or the Reading sections, but had a good recollection of the Writing and Speaking:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Recently you have read a book and thought to tell your friend about the book. Write a letter to your friend and say
- What is the book about?
- What is the book’s name and who is the author?
- Why would it be useful for him/her?
- Where can he/she get this book?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some parents control their children from a very young age and others give freedom to their children. What are the advantages and disadvantages of both approaches? Give your own opinion.
- What is your full name?
- Do you work or study?
- Who chose your clothes when you were a child?
- What type of clothes do you wear now?
- What things are important when buying clothes? Why?
- Why is the colour of clothes you wear important?
- Have you helped your friends to pick clothing?
- Are there many advertisements in your country?
- What type of advertisements do you like?
- Have you ever bought something after watching an ad?
Cue Card 1
Describe a story that you were told as a child. Please say
- Who told you the story?
- What was the story about?
- Why do you still remember the story?
- Have you ever told this story to anyone?
- Is it necessary for stories to be based on real life? Why?
- What is the difference between the way stories were told in the past and nowadays?
Cue Card 2
Talk about an interesting person that you have met in your life. Please say
- Who is this person?
- Where and when did you meet him/her?
- What was the interesting thing about him/her?
- IELTS test in Australia – June 2013 (General Training) Our kind friend B shared this update from a recent...
- IELTS Speaking test in Bangalore, India – August 2013 IELTS test taker from India (thank you R!) shared his...
- IELTS test in Sydney, Australia – May 2013 (General Training) The IELTS test taker from Sydney, Australia (thank you P!)...
- IELTS test in Australia – March 2014 (General Training) Our friend S shared the following topics after his recent...
- IELTS test in Bangladesh and India – June 2013 (General Training) IELTS test takers from India and Bangladesh (thanks, J and...