Our kind friends A and R shared the IELTS exam that took place in Australia and the USA. They didn’t remember the Listening or the Reading sections, but had a good recollection of the Writing and Speaking:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Recently you have read a book and thought to tell your friend about the book. Write a letter to your friend and say
– What is the book about?
– What is the book’s name and who is the author?
– Why would it be useful for him/her?
– Where can he/she get this book?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some parents control their children from a very young age and others give freedom to their children. What are the advantages and disadvantages of both approaches? Give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Do you work or study?
– Who chose your clothes when you were a child?
– What type of clothes do you wear now?
– What things are important when buying clothes? Why?
– Why is the colour of clothes you wear important?
– Have you helped your friends to pick clothing?
– Are there many advertisements in your country?
– What type of advertisements do you like?
– Have you ever bought something after watching an ad?
Cue Card 1
Describe a story that you were told as a child. Please say
– Who told you the story?
– What was the story about?
– Why do you still remember the story?
– Have you ever told this story to anyone?
– Is it necessary for stories to be based on real life? Why?
– What is the difference between the way stories were told in the past and nowadays?
Cue Card 2
Talk about an interesting person that you have met in your life. Please say
– Who is this person?
– Where and when did you meet him/her?
– What was the interesting thing about him/her?
- IELTS test in Australia – December 2015 (General Training) M took the IELTS test in Australia and remembered the...
- IELTS test in Melbourne, Australia – June 2016 (General Training) Our friend M took the IELTS test in Melbourne, Australia...
- IELTS test in Australia – January 2016 (General Training) Our friend A took the IELTS test in Australia and...
- IELTS test in Canada – June 2016 (General Training) Our kind friend P took the IELTS test in Canada...
- IELTS test in Sydney, Australia – March 2016 (General Training) Our friend S took the IELTS test in Sydney, Australia...