IELTS in the UK was described by S, who was studying with us for her exam. She found these updates very helpful and felt like giving back – many thanks to S! And now back to the exam:
Section 1: A conversation between a new customer and a clerk of an insurance company due to the condition of a house-contents insurance, the policy, the premium, duration and a special offer.
Questions: Complete sentences (use one word).
Section 2: Several groups working presentations in a 3-column-table. Each column had the date, the subject of the presentation, the domain of study and research.
Questions: Complete sentences (use 2 words).
Section 3: Another table concerning the title of a research and the department name which should work on that title.
Questions: The blank spaces in each column had to be filled (using 3 words).
Section 4: A canoe boat trip, the necessary wearings and shoes, food or beverages, and the price of a single boat or double boat, its deposit and the method of payment.
Questions: 3 multiple choice questions, 2 questions where you should choose two answers from 5 options, 3 questions of sentence completion using 3 words.
Passage 1: parts of some advertisements about 7 different hotels mentioning their services and facilities
Questions: Information matching.
Passage 2: About a warranty which a vacuum cleaner producer issued for its own new and old customers indicating the type of damages it can cover and under what conditions.
Questions: True/False/Not given.
Passage 3: Phone company and its services in local and international markets, busy hours conditions and prices. There was a bonus if you can introduce your friend to that company and a special offer about using both international and local services in case of monthly payment which would be cheaper.
Questions: Short answer questions (useing two words).
Passage 4: It was a text two pages in length and seven paragraphs, which covered a study about sleeping and sleep-deviation case, the needed time for sleeping, the damages of sleep deviation and its effect on the glands natural activity and its results. It was supported by four scientists’ research and survey.
Questions: Matching paragraphs to viewpoints – 6 questions, matching scientists’ names with their findings – 3 questions, short answer questions (using 3 words) – 5 questions.
Writing task 1 (letter)
You are going to leave your apartment in an English speaking country and your landlord is a very good person, who has assisted you a lot during your stay. Meanwhile, your friend wants to rent the flat after you. Write a letter to your landlord and
– let your landlord know about your leaving,
– thank your landlord for his/her help,
– tell him/her about your friend.
Writing task 2 (essay)
Some believe in order to protect the environment from any pollution the air travel should be reduced. Do you agree or disagree? Tell about any of your experiences or any example to support your opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID Card?
– Can you describe your town?
– What do you enjoy more in your town?
– Is bicycle more popular among your people?
– Did you ride bicycle as a child?
Tell about what you would like to buy in future. You should say:
– What is it?
– What does it look like?
– When did the thought of buying it come to your mind?
– Why do you like to buy that thing (from the cue card)?
– Do your people spend a lot of time for shopping?
– Do you think shopping is a waste of time?
– Do you think consumers get under influence of shopping environment?
– Do you think a stabilized shop can keep consumers?
- IELTS test in India – July 2016 (General Training) Our friends I and P remembered the Listening and Reading...
- IELTS test in Israel – August 2016 (General Training) Our friend J took the IELTS test in Israel and...
- IELTS test in Kyrgyzstan – September 2016 (General Training) Our friend G took the IELTS test in Kyrgyzstan and...
- IELTS test in Odessa, Ukraine – September 2016 (General Training) Our friend A took the IELTS test in Odessa (Ukraine),...
- IELTS test in India – April 2016 (General Training) Our friends R and S took the IELTS test in...