IELTS in South Africa was described by W, who bought my study book Target Band 7 2 weeks ago. W and I exchanged a couple of emails and she kindly shared everything she remembered about her Academic exam plus some advice for people who are yet to take their exams. I swear I didn’t bribe her to write this .
“Life is good, and especially good with the EXAM behind me! Wow, what a relief …
I followed your advice. My tips to everyone:
I managed to complete all sections with time to spare.
Thanks again for all your encouragement and wonderful tips.”
And here are the topics and questions W remembered:
Writing Task 1 (report)
Describe a double bar chart – trips made by men and women respectively during 2007 to 5 or 6 different destinations , eg to work, sport, shops, schools.
Writing Task 2 (essay)
Museums and art galleries should show art of their own culture, rather than those from other countries. Do you agree or disagree?
- Describe your town.
- Do you enjoy living there?
- Do you have people come over to your home?
- How do you entertain them?
Describe an interesting stage in your life, you should say
- when was it,
- where was it,
- why you find it interesting.
- Describe different stages in life, that are celebrated in your culture.
- Describe the legal ages in your country.
- IELTS Speaking test in South Africa – May 2013 An IELTS test taker from South Africa (thanks I!) shared...
- IELTS test in Vietnam – August 2013 (Academic Module) An IELTS test taker from Vietnam (thanks, P!) shared the...
- IELTS test in Australia – February 2013 (Academic Module) Our kind friends who took the IELTS test in Australia...
- IELTS test in Brisbane, Australia – April 2013 (Academic Module) This IELTS exam update was shared by J, who took...
- IELTS test in Nigeria – August 2013 (Academic Module) An IELTS test taker from Nigeria (thanks, F!) shared the...