IELTS test in Melbourne, Australia was described by R. (thank you so much!) who remembered it very well, the information is pretty accurate. Here is what the exam was like:
Section 1: A conversation regarding booking a trip.
Section 2: Introduction to a workplace.
Section 3: A discussion about universities between two students and a counselor.
Section 4: A student was talking about a transport project.
Questions: Filling in gaps, multiple choice.
Passage 1: The History of Tea.
Questions: Assign names to the paragraphs, match phrases to paragraphs.
Passage 2: Why the trees go red during autumn.
Questions: True/False/Not given, short-answer questions (using one word).
Passage 3: Regarding stimulating the brain to avoid aging.
Questions: Headings matching, multiple choice questions.
Writing task 1 (a report)
The report was about a table and it was showing the different kinds of fuel used during 1990,1996 and 200n in the UK.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that professionals like doctors, nurses or teachers should be paid more than sport and entertainment people. Discuss, what is your opinion?
- What is you name?
- Do you work or study?
- Was there any training involved in your job?
- Do you enjoy your job?
- What are your plans for the future?
- Do you like reading magazines or newspapers?
- What kind of articles do you read?
- Have you ever read a foreign newspaper?
- Do you think its good to read newspapers to learn a new language?
Talk about your favorite shop, you should say:
- Where it is located,
- How you came to know about it,
- What they sell there.
- Do you like shopping?
- Do you think that people go for shopping when they are upset?
- What do you think, are men’s shopping habits different women’s?
- Do you think it is important to save?
- How would you encourage the society to save money?
- Do you think adults save more money than children do?
- Should schools implant some kind of saving scheme?
- IELTS test in Melbourne, Australia – January 2013 (General Training) This update was shared by an IELTS test taker (thanks,...
- IELTS Speaking test in Melbourne, Australia – January 2013 Here are the questions A was asked in his recent...
- IELTS test in Australia and New Zealand – July 2013 (Academic Module) Below are the details of IELTS exams in Australia and...
- IELTS test in Melbourne, Australia – September 2013 (General Training) IELTS test takers from Australia (thank you, J and N!)...
- IELTS test in Australia – October 2013 (General Training) An IELTS test taker from Australia (thanks, C!) shared this...