Everyone, IELTS questions from recent exam in UAE – thanks to our generous friend R. Here goes:
Section 1: A caller getting details regarding an exhibition to be held in Toronto That was an easy section & we were required to fill in the blanks etc. The rest of the recording was about the Quarantine Services in Australia. Multiple choice questions.
Section 2: There was a discussion between two students and a teacher regarding deciding which course to enroll.
Section 3: This was about information on Red Sea Urchins.
This part was comparatively lengthy & not too easy.
Passage 1: Detailed information on steps taken by some research organization on drinking water. Questions: filling in blanks, multiple choice questions, True / False / Not Given questions.
Passage 2: Very detailed passage on Bitterns. Questions: choosing headings for the paragraphs, multiple choice questions, short answers (no more than three words).
Passage 3: Topic on Risking change. Questions: choosing appropriate heading, short answer questions, multiple choice questions.
Writing Task 1 (report)
There was a table representing the percentage of young people from the age 15 to 21 years, employed in different sectors in the years 1997 and 2005 in one region of Oceania. We had to write a comparative report based on the table.
Writing Task 2 (essay)
Maintaining public libraries today is a waste of money with the present increase in the computer technology. Do you agree or disagree with the system?
The examiner started with some general questions about myself, where I stayed and my family. Then he asked
- What is the change that you suggest for the present accommodation?
- What is your favorite room in the house?
- Do you enjoy traveling?
- What country would you like to visit?
- Did you start cooking when you were in school?
- Do you enjoy cooking?
- What is the dish that you can cook best?
- Do you think that students should be allowed to cook while at school?
Tell me about a famous historical place that you have visited:
- where is it located?
- what is it about that place that interests you the most?
Then I was asked:
- Some of the famous historical places in my country & where they are located.
- Do you think people have stopped visiting these historical places and museums nowadays?
- Are you okay with purchasing tickets in order to visit these historical places and museums?
- Where else besides the Internet can you get information about history?
- Do you think TV is a good medium to convey the message?
- What about films, do you think they give complete information about the event?
- How far do you think the information is true?
- IELTS test in Qatar and the UK – February 2013 (Academic Module) The IELTS test takers D and S shared this recent...
- IELTS test in the USA – June 2013 (Academic Module) This IELTS exam update was shared by A from the...
- IELTS test in the UK – June 2013 (Academic Module) Our friends C and R shared the information below after...
- IELTS test in India – May 2013 (General Training) This IELTS exam update was shared by Y from India...
- IELTS test in Almaty, Kazakhstan – February 2013 (Academic Module) An IELTS test taker from Kazakhstan (thank you E!) shared...