IELTS Report, topic: Map with two sites for a shopping mall

You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

Below is a map of the city of Brandfield. City planners have decided to build a new shopping mall for the area, and two sites, S1 and S2 have been proposed.

Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

Write at least 150 words.

Map of two proposed sites for a shopping mall

The map illustrates the two possible sites for a new shopping complex in the city of Brandfield. The initial difference between two sites is that the first site is near a residential area, while the is close to an industrial region.

The first site (S1) is located to the north of the city between the residential area and the city centre. There are three infrastructure features (a river, a main road and a railway) around S1, thus, these may provide easy access from most of the city, if a shopping mall is built in that area.

The second site (S2) lies to the south-east end of the city and is fairly close to the downtown and the industrial part. The site is near two main roads and the railroad; however, no residential part around the area.

There is a large Golf Course and a park in the west side of the city, but both sites are not close to the given area.

Teacher’s summary: All the requirements of the task were covered fairly well.The key features were identified, emphasized and illustrated in a suitable and logical way. The ideas are presented in a logical order. All aspects of cohesion are taken care of well. The paragraphing is handled suitably and appropriately. The range of vocabulary allows the writer to communicate the exact meanings. Some sophisticated words/expressions are used in a clever way, with only occasional errors in word choice/expression choice. Most sentences are free of errors. Inappropriate use of grammar is very infrequent. Overall, this report could be awarded IELTS Band 8.

Click here to see more IELTS reports of band 8

other one
forms of transportation
parts
there is

12 thoughts on “IELTS Report, topic: Map with two sites for a shopping mall”

1. Pingback: IELTS Sample Reports of Band 8 | IELTS-Blog

2. Plz help me in task 2 by checking my writing… News concern people about different current trends in every field. So news play a crucial role in their lives. However, some people argue that reading news in the newspaper and watch television news channels just a waste of time. But I disagree with these people’s Opinion.Therefore ,this essay intends to outline the principle benefits of news. Undoubtedly, news consist knowledge about the entire globe. So, news help individuals to acquire a great deal of knowledge which make them Up-to-date about the happenings in the whole world. As a result, people become aware about the current events through news which are going in the present time. Moreover, as regards education field, individual can enhance their academic education through news as well as come to know about western culture and history. So, people become more broad-minded by reading global issues. Apart from it, news is good source of entertainment as it contain some stories and puzzles which are liked by more people. This, one prefer to solve puzzle and different stories just for their entertainment. Consequently, this habit help them to improve the curiosity in their academic study. Not only this, people can keep in contact the government policies by reading and watching news. In other words, this make possible to participation of people in decision -making and make them responsible citizens. Last but not least, the most benefit of news is that youth mighÅ¥ get employment with the help of it as there are various employee are required for editing and printing news.. To conclude, it can noted that news provide numerous advantage for people. According to me, individual life is boring and dull without news.. I hope u will check my writing and give me appropriate score along telling me about my mistakes imidately bcoz I have filled my exam of 30th June.

3. Hello. I’ve checked your service but I still don’t understand what the tasks means. For example, for the Express Service, you noted 4 tasks to submit and 1 day turnaround. Does the fee for only 4 tasks or I can submit as many as I can until the service expired?

Tx.

4. Hi Diana, when we say ‘task’ we mean either one writing task 1 or one writing task 2. If you are taking the Academic IELTS, your writing task 1 is a report, and writing task 2 is an essay. An Express writing correction package includes 4 tasks, so you can send 2 reports and 2 essays, or 1 report and 3 essays, but in total it has to be 4 tasks. You will get them back within 24 hours of submission.

5. Which tense do we need to use for describing such maps and also on maps where the changes of two different years are mentioned.

6. If you receive a map without a date, use a present tense. If the two years are both in the past, use a past tense. If one of the maps is a future map, use a future tense to describe it.

7. ShivaShankar Bhanudas kudgi

I appreciate the real-life example and case study you’ve included in your post. It makes the content relatable and applicable.