Subscribe hereRSS of IELTS-Blog.com via RSS or via email Help

IELTS-Blog

Your best IELTS study partner

IELTS Report, topic: Table of home schooled students’ percentages

You are advised to spend a maximum of 20 minutes on this task.

The table below describes percentages of home schooled students in SomeCountry in 1999-2004. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown.

You should write at least 150 words.

Homeschooled table

This table shows students in Somecountry in year 1999-2004 in .

The main trend is that all grades including kindergarten growing every year. Kindergarten started 2.4 and ended highest at 2.9 percent with a constant increase. grades 1-2 and grades 5-6 a little different trend, both at 1,5 percent in 1999 and a little bit in 2000. Both of them increased slowly in 2002 and both that course to 2004 where grades 1-2 2,1 percent and grades 5-6 2.6 percent.

Grades 3-4 a slow but steady growth all six years. It at 1.6 percent in 1999 and 0.1 every year except in 2003 when it 0.2 percent. Grades 7-8 at 1.6 percent and there for three years until they rapidly rose up to 2.2 and peaked at 2.5 in 2004.

Overall, all grades including kindergarten has had a rise at minimum 1 percent or more in 6 years.

This is a good report; here is how you can make it better: the coherence needs improvement, meaning the logical connection between sentences inside a paragraph and between paragraphs. Use more connective words (Furthermore, However, etc).

The grouping you’ve done is fine, but try to use more variations describing those statistics: use words such as numbers, figures, percentages, etc. The grammar and the spelling need some extra attention.Overall, this report seems worthy of Band 7

Click here to see more IELTS reports of band 7

home schooled
percentages
are
remove ‘for’
with percentage of
Not quite similarly
show
started
declined
held
reached
reached
had
throughout
started
increased by
peaked up at
started
stayed
roughly